Do you have a love for Great Danes? Always wanted a Great Dane? You’re in the right spot! Join us in #savingdanes by saving a life, adopt a Great Dane.
- WE ONLY PLACE DOGS IN MINNESOTA AND WISCONSIN HOMES
- WE DO NOT ADOPT OUT DOGS TO ANY HOUSEHOLDS THAT HAVE CHILDREN UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE LIVING IN THE HOME
Adoption Application is below, please read the following before you apply.
Thank you for considering a rescue Dane as your new friend. To insure the best match possible for both human and dog we require the following:
- Application form completely filled in
- Background check
- Personal references PLEASE NO FAMILY MEMBERS OR RELATIVES
- Veterinary reference
- Home Visit
In order to be considered for an adoption you must:
- PAY THE NONREFUNDABLE $25 ADOPTION DEPOSIT Click on the Paypal button (even if you do not have a PayPal account you can use your credit card to pay via PP)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults in your home
- Have verifiable identification (i.e. driver’s license)
- Have landlord consent
- There are special requirements to adopt a deaf Dane. Contact us for more information
- 8 weeks to 6 months- $500
- 6 months to 6 years $400 ($378 plus $22 state sales tax) plus $25 refundable fee which you may wish to apply as a donation
- 6 years and up and special needs dogs $200 ($189 plus $11 state sales tax) plus $25 refundable fee which you may wish to apply as a donation
- Special Danes, donation requested. These are very special Danes and each application will be reviewed by the whole board of directors
Once we have received your deposit, we will start the approval proocess.
We do reference checks, background checks, and will conduct a home visit to ensure your have a safe, healthy, knowledgeable home suitable for a Great Dane.
You will be notified that you are approved to adopt. You can let us know which dog you would like to meet and a visit will be set up. If we do not currently have a dog you are interested in just let us know. Your name will be kept on the approved adopters list for three months. After three months your information will be reviewed and any changes updated before again going on the approved list.
We will, at your personal request, share your information with another legitimate rescue. The request must be in writing from you and the receiving rescue must contact us requesting the information. Since home visits etc. are subjective, it is up to the receiving rescue to use the information using their own guidelines.
Your new Dane will have, as a minimum, the following:
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection/ Health Certificate
- Spayed or Neutered
- SNAP4DX blood test for Heartworm, Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis and Ehrlichia
- Wormed for intestinal parasites
- Flea and Tick preventive treatment
- Rabies Vaccination
- DHLPP Vaccination
- All other medical needs will be addressed